Terms & Conditions of Use & Service
The terms Proofreading English (PE) or 'English Manuscript Editing' or 'EME' or '(EME)' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of the website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials or service on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• Whilst we endeavour to provide you with the best of service at all times, we cannot and will not be held responsible or liable in any event whatsoever for loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage at all arising from loss of data or profits or income or opportunity arising out of, or in connection with, our services and/or the use of this website.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
*** All published quotation rates are subject to change without prior notice ***
All of the material and the content on this website are the intellectual property of Proofreading English (PE) and/or English Manuscript Editing (EME). No unauthorised copying is allowed without our permission. If you wish to use any of our content and/or graphics, then please contact us and we shall try to oblige.
INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT:
All content and images displayed on this website are considered to be in the public domain and copyright free and/or recognised as the property of their respective owners, photographers, image makers and/or writers.
If you believe that any material on this website infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement by contacting us and if proved, we shall remove any such infringement forthwith.
MANUSCRIPTS / TEXT / DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR PROOFREADING & COPY EDITING:
Proofreading English (PE) and English Manuscript Editing (EME) both recognise and value your manuscript/text/document(s) that has been submitted for proofreading and copy editing. It is our policy not to disclose any of your content to a third party.
We acknowledge and assume that all material presented for our service(s) is deemed to be your intellectual property notwithstanding that we may have no effective or tangible means by which to verify or confirm any partial or entire degree of plagiarism.
In addition, it is our policy that we will never sell, promote or disclose your email address and/or contact details to another person or any other entity.
Proofreading English (PE) and/or English Manuscript Editing (EME) will retain a copy of all completed projects for a period of six months at no cost to you in the event that you should wish to review and/or retrieve your submission.
CANCELLATIONS OR DISPUTES:
Any cancellations of whatsoever nature regarding the copy editing and/or the proofreading works, with a quotation having been previously agreed by the client and with a notification by him or her having been issued in order to proceed with the works, shall be subject to an English Proofreading administration charge of USD $50.00 (Fifty US Dollars) in order to take care of the client's initial administration and preparatory works. Any disputes of whatsoever nature should be addressed to English Proofreading by contacting the Proofreading English Legal Department.
LATE PAYMENTS / OVERDUE ACCOUNTS:
Accounts that become more than 30 days overdue / outstanding, shall be subject to a 2% Supplementary Interest Charge (SIC) which shall fall due on the monthly anniversary of the original money request / invoice for works / proofreading / copy editing already carried out. In addition, a Supplementary Late Penalty Fee (SLPF) of USD $5.00 (Five US Dollars) shall be levied on the aforesaid late account per month.
Terms & Conditions of Use & Service defined courtesy of Business Link Government UK & DIY Legislation UK 01 July 2016